Echelon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this rower and have zero interest in subscribing for classes. I expected some discussion either on Reddit or anywhere with alternatives to the Echelon app.

I am absolutely floored to see there has only been 3 posts about this rower in the official forums. Is this for real?

Has anyone got liverowing or any metric tracking applications working with this rower?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just got this rower and have zero interest in subscribing for classes. I expected some discussion either on Reddit or anywhere with alternatives to the Echelon app.

I am absolutely floored to see there has only been 3 posts about this rower in the official forums. Is this for real?

Has anyone got liverowing or any metric tracking applications working with this rower?
Welcome to the forum @jordanf! How come you don't want to subscribe for classes?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because if I want to sub I'll go to the gym and pay a cheaper price for way more. I just want metrics for rowing.. is that possible to do without paying the subscription? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Because if I want to sub I'll go to the gym and pay a cheaper price for way more. I just want metrics for rowing.. is that possible to do without paying the subscription? Thanks
I’ve been searching and searching and searching for this exact question/answer. I really want to purchase the Echelon Rower. But I DO NOT want to buy the membership. I can’t justify my gym membership ($30), another digital bike membership ($15) and the rowing membership ($40 which would be the most expensive one) per month.
I don’t need a leader board. Just want metrics and output for myself!! I’m running out of sites to check to find out this answer. I’m assuming you need the membership. Which would be terrible considering every other competitor (treadmill, spin bike, etc) let’s you use equipment but not make you subscribe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve been searching and searching and searching for this exact question/answer. I really want to purchase the Echelon Rower. But I DO NOT want to buy the membership. I can’t justify my gym membership ($30), another digital bike membership ($15) and the rowing membership ($40 which would be the most expensive one) per month.
I don’t need a leader board. Just want metrics and output for myself!! I’m running out of sites to check to find out this answer. I’m assuming you need the membership. Which would be terrible considering every other competitor (treadmill, spin bike, etc) let’s you use equipment but not make you subscribe
The app with the free subscription is great. I'm not complaining about the sub service and app. I just want to know whether by the time my membership expires whether I'll be able to jump on and see my rowing metrics. I'll update you if I find out the answer. Thank Dazzo25 .. glad I'm not alone

·
Registered
3 Posts
The app with the free subscription is great. I'm not complaining about the sub service and app. I just want to know whether by the time my membership expires whether I'll be able to jump on and see my rowing metrics. I'll update you if I find out the answer. Thank Dazzo25 .. glad I'm not alone
Good to know that the app is good, I appreciate it if you can let me know. I find it crazy they would do that to their business to make everyone get the subscription in order to use it. Will definitely deter lots of potential business

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is the answer I received from Best Buy, which I believe was answered by an Echelon representative. I literally was able to get a brand new Concept 2 and placed the order 5 mins before receiving this answer. Kind of bummed, but I know what I’m getting with the Concept 2 I guess,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That reply is ambiguous since the equipment comes with 6 months free subscription. So you don't need to buy anything if it comes with it. But what happens after it expires is the question? Can we ride freestyle after expiration>? Come on Echelon.. let us know. It's an important question.. should be clear as day by now

·
Registered
65 Posts
You can use the bike without a subscription so I'd hope the same goes for the rower too.

The bike can work without the App, just giving you resistance. You will not see a resistance value unless you use the APP. Make sure the bike is plugged in, and start pedaling. Turn the knob and the resistance will work.

You can use the App in the Freestyle area (in more sections of app) without a subscription. The bike will give you your stats without a subscription via the Freestyle rides. You can ride the Freestyle rides, and see the stats during and after the ride, but they will not be saved in the Progress Area. If you join the FitPass program, it will save to the Progress Area, providing you a history of your rides/workouts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks York. The app classes are good.. just not quite sure if I will end up subscribing. Good to know I can use the basic app features without a paid sub. Appreciate your response & have a good weekend.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks York. The app classes are good.. just not quite sure if I will end up subscribing. Good to know I can use the basic app features without a paid sub. Appreciate your response & have a good weekend.
No problem at all glad to help. Keep us updated when your free subscription ends if it still works for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts