Echelon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am researching for a purchase since I dont get to the gym enough. Will the Echelon connect bikes automatically adjust resistance in the live rides, on demand sessions or scenic rides or does the rider have to change this with the knob to simulate hills etc?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am researching for a purchase since I dont get to the gym enough. Will the Echelon connect bikes automatically adjust resistance in the live rides, on demand sessions or scenic rides or does the rider have to change this with the knob to simulate hills etc?
Welcome to the forum @Al Nacho. Echelon bikes have a manually controlled magnetic resistance system so you'd have to adjust it yourself to simulate different scenarios.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I thought that the EX3 had automatic adjustments and the scenic rides did not. I am also researching so I would love to know this as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I thought that the EX3 had automatic adjustments and the scenic rides did not. I am also researching so I would love to know this as well.
From my understanding the EX3 still uses the same resistance dial.

Look further down and you’ll find the plastic resistance dial. The EX3 uses magnetic resistance with 32 levels on offer to create the variations in effort levels. When you’re in a class, and prompted to move the resistance left and right, you’ll be able to see your resistance level on screen in real-time. The delay between the resistance changes is usually fine, though can take an extra twist every now and then. The dial feels a little too plasticky for our liking too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts