Echelon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received the Echelon Reflect for Christmas. Decided to do a workout today, but the workouts, as far as I could tell, are not categorized as to levels. Is there a beginner category somewhere? The first one I clicked on was described as "killer". That quickly intimidated me and I closed out. Where do I find the descriptions for each class?

I decided to try one of the 10 minute workouts in the cardio category. Am I missing something? The instructor just launched into the workout without any type of warm up. In addition, she had weights in her hand, but never gave any suggestions on how many pounds she would recommend using. Seems like there should be a bit more guidance for those just beginning their workout journey.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just received the Echelon Reflect for Christmas. Decided to do a workout today, but the workouts, as far as I could tell, are not categorized as to levels. Is there a beginner category somewhere? The first one I clicked on was described as "killer". That quickly intimidated me and I closed out. Where do I find the descriptions for each class?

I decided to try one of the 10 minute workouts in the cardio category. Am I missing something? The instructor just launched into the workout without any type of warm up. In addition, she had weights in her hand, but never gave any suggestions on how many pounds she would recommend using. Seems like there should be a bit more guidance for those just beginning their workout journey.
Welcome @DaisyDee, you're not the only one that's noticed this with the class descriptions. Seems like it's a lot of trial and error for which class is right for you.

Class descriptions aren’t that helpful. In addition to the class descriptions I came across that seemed inaccurate, I generally found myself wanting more detail about what I could expect from a workout, like what equipment I needed, what format it would follow, and if it included warm-up and cool-down exercises.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome @DaisyDee, you're not the only one that's noticed this with the class descriptions. Seems like it's a lot of trial and error for which class is right for you.

Class descriptions aren’t that helpful. In addition to the class descriptions I came across that seemed inaccurate, I generally found myself wanting more detail about what I could expect from a workout, like what equipment I needed, what format it would follow, and if it included warm-up and cool-down exercises.

Hello all: I was in contact with the CTO of echelon with these exact questions. I was informed that echelon will be updating the software with many things which include a category button which will show beginner/intermediate and difficult workouts. Additionally, while there was a nutrition tab, it has been removed and they will be updating with a new nutrition tab that will link with My fitness pal. I had purchased add-ons and, unfortunately, the add-ons still are not loaded on my mirror. I do not know when this will be corrected. I spoke with him on January 14th and he said it would be approximately 30 to 45 days for the upgrades. I still do not see them on my mirror and am hopeful they will occur as these upgrades would be very helpful.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hello all: I was in contact with the CTO of echelon with these exact questions. I was informed that echelon will be updating the software with many things which include a category button which will show beginner/intermediate and difficult workouts. Additionally, while there was a nutrition tab, it has been removed and they will be updating with a new nutrition tab that will link with My fitness pal. I had purchased add-ons and, unfortunately, the add-ons still are not loaded on my mirror. I do not know when this will be corrected. I spoke with him on January 14th and he said it would be approximately 30 to 45 days for the upgrades. I still do not see them on my mirror and am hopeful they will occur as these upgrades would be very helpful.
Adding a category button will be very helpful. I can't believe they didn't have something like that right from the beginning. Let's see if they stick to the 30-45 day timeline.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts