Echelon Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just got a EX3 and have been looking into ways of getting the app to work on a big TV screen with out mirroring from our phones. Has anyone got the Echelon Fit app working on a smart/Android TV?

Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Can you try these steps to stop mirroring? Its for iOS but a similar approach could still work for Android.

"To stop mirroring your iOS device, open Control Center, tap Screen Mirroring, then tap Stop Mirroring. Or press the Menu button on your Apple TV Remote."

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can stop Mirroring no problems, I was trying see if you could download the Echelon App directly to an Android Smart TV. I managed to borrow a Android Smart TV and unfortunately you cannot download the Echelon App, but it's good to see I could of downloaded the Peloton App no problems!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought an Android media player box for about $45 from Amazon and it works fine on the big screen. You just have to make sure you don't get one with "Android TV" operating system, that is a different system than regular Android. It is tricky because the descriptions usually say "Android TV" you have to carefully read the description. You also have to make sure you get one with Bluetooth, not every Android media box has it. This is the one I am using: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PX26M7C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1. You will need a mouse/keyboard device of some kind also, though some devices of this type include a handheld keyboard/pointer remote.

That little blue/purple dingus below the TV is the Android device.

·
Registered
20 Posts
OH yeah, try to get the latest version of Android, I had an older box and the Echelon app had all sorts of problems on older Android. You may or may not be able to update the device depending on the manufacturer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats exactly what I needed to know, thanks Singletracker, I'll let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Success! Connected my Connect Sport as well as my Samsung Fit band to my TV! So all my metric is displayed, with sound to my soundbar - even though sound and music quality is still nowhere near Peloton. I ordered this unit instead since it's the same price but has more advanced features while sacrificing the keyboard remote - which I don't need since I have my own USB wireless keyboard. Amazon.com: [2020 Upgrade] Android 10.0 TV Box, T95 Android Box 4GB RAM 32GB ROM Allwinner H616 Quad-core Smart Android TV Box 64bit, Support 2.4G/5.0G Dual WiFi 6K Utral HD / 3D / H.265 with Bluetooth 5.0: Electronics

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ordered this Android box and it all works perfectly on my non smart old TV. A bit of a faff using the remote mouse but all works as it should.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts