Echelon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Official steps on how to adjust the calibration on Echelon Connect Bikes are as follows:

Steps: Echelon Bike Calibration
  1. Go through the steps to connect to Bluetooth. See Below Join any ON DEMAND class. Your stats should be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
  2. Now that you are connected, get on bike and start to slowly pedal.
  3. After pedaling a few rotations, slowly start to turn the tension dial clockwise.
  4. You should start feeling the resistance increase. You may see your tension number rise high before a tension change during calibration. That is normal.
  5. Continue until desired level is reached
If the above does not fix tension issue- Try unplugging the adapter from bike and wall outlet and hold down the silver button for 30 seconds before plugging the wire back in. Then do the above steps again. When you plug the wires in, you should hear the bike beep, indicating proper connection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,
I just set up my new Ex3 bike this week and the whole family aren’t sure if it’s resistance is actually calibrated correctly. We all expected that the ‘1’ setting would be no or very little resistance but it’s actually not that easy to pedal - with or without the iPad App, or the iPhone App.

We’ve gone through the calibration steps above, have unplugged the console wires and put them back, ensured the firmware is up to date and tried a different app (Qdomyoszwift) and the difficulty on level 1 hasn’t changed.

Is the first level typically a bit challenging if a user hasn’t been riding? If so, we’ll just have to get working out!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,
I just set up my new Ex3 bike this week and the whole family aren’t sure if it’s resistance is actually calibrated correctly. We all expected that the ‘1’ setting would be no or very little resistance but it’s actually not that easy to pedal - with or without the iPad App, or the iPhone App.

We’ve gone through the calibration steps above, have unplugged the console wires and put them back, ensured the firmware is up to date and tried a different app (Qdomyoszwift) and the difficulty on level 1 hasn’t changed.

Is the first level typically a bit challenging if a user hasn’t been riding? If so, we’ll just have to get working out!
I have the exact same issue with my brand new Ex-5. Resistance is very high and remains the same whether you crank the knob to 32, leave it to 1, or even unplug the unit. I contacted customer support but they are helpless.

Bottom line, I repacked the bike in the box and back to Costco it goes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the exact same issue with my brand new Ex-5. Resistance is very high and remains the same whether you crank the knob to 32, leave it to 1, or even unplug the unit. I contacted customer support but they are helpless.

Bottom line, I repacked the bike in the box and back to Costco it goes.
Also having the same issue - my wife can hardly pedal on resistance 1. Any solutions? I've tried all the unplugging and different devices.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No, no solution. The only one they proposed is the one you just mentionned, and I suspect it is the procedure they use for knob problems, which doesn’t seem to be the issue here.
I don’t know if you experience the same thing, but when I turn the resistance knob, the display shows an increase or a decrease that jibe with the direction I’m turning the knob. At the same time, I hear a sound coming from the back, around the flywheel. But the tension always remains the same, always very difficult.

This suggests that the l knob is ok and the pbm would be more with the magnets or the flywheel itself.

I contacted them through the live chat, instead of by phone meaning there’s a chance I was interacting with a bot instead of a real person. That could explain why they were so useless.

If you contact them by phone, perhaps you could refer to my ticket #, so they could bind the two together. My ticket is 780849.
I’m pretty much done with Echelon (the bike is dissasembled and back in the box), but if they solve your (our) pbm before the end of the week, let me know. I could give it a try if UPS hasn’t picked the box.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did two different live chats (exact same symptoms) and then followed up with a call Friday. The agent was great and let me know it had been escalated to the warrentee department for action. I’m guessing they’re having supply chain/quality issues.

I’m going to give it a bit more time for resolution as I love the bike and they have very good reviews otherwise…. I’m just riding it slow to condition myself so I’m sure when this is resolved I’ll find it super easy to join some of the classes that seem horrid at the harder tension! It’s been about ten days since my first gel chat. I also bought a nice cushy seat at Canadian Tire and it’s really comfortable! Not giving up quite yet!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts