Echelon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an X3 connect bike. And I want to use bike shoes with cleats and purchased one pair. The cleats are SPD but it doesn't click on the pedal. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Does anyone have any tips? I am attaching the photo s also.

Thank you in advance kind strangers.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Newbie_2020! If your cleats are SPD you might need to get these SPD compatible pedals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum @Newbie_2020! If your cleats are SPD you might need to get these SPD compatible pedals.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
@York I have the same issue - I purchased those spd pedals but it looks like SPD connection is backwards on the pedal. By this I mean I can only clip in the shoes if they are pointed backwards. What the heck am I doing wrong? it seems like the connector is installed backwards in the pedal.

thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi! Did anyone find a solution to this? I had to install my cleats backwards on my shoes and now if I ever go to use another bike I have to take them out and re-install the correct way. My pedals looks the same, with the cleat hook backwards. Is this a manufacturing issue? echelon has not gotten back to me yet through customer service

thank you in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having the same problem, how did you connect with customer service? I tried to chat and was unable. I have been working on trying to use spd cleats for over two hours and just found this forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an EX3 that I thought had the same problem. I couldn't find any information and sending a photo like the ones above to support didn't get me any help. Here's what I finally figured out on my own. The clips in the previous photos are NOT on backwards. You might think the pointy side of the SPD cleat is supposed to go into the narrower groove of the clip at the back of the pedal, but it's the opposite. If you look at the bottom of the wider end of the SPD cleat, you'll see there's actually a smaller piece that is meant to slide into the narrower clip groove at the back of the pedal. That narrow groove at the back is also where the spring on the pedal clip is. By sliding the cleat backwards into the clip and then using your weight to press down your toe, the front part (pointy side of the SPD cleat) should pop in and you'll be attached. I hope this helps a few people who are new to SPD cleats, as I was.

·
Registered
5 Posts
View attachment 22 @York I have the same issue - I purchased those spd pedals but it looks like SPD connection is backwards on the pedal. By this I mean I can only clip in the shoes if they are pointed backwards. What the heck am I doing wrong? it seems like the connector is installed backwards in the pedal.

thanks!
If you haven't gotten this resolved, see my post. It might work for you too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for everyone's help. I confirmed my pedals were not backwards and I called customer service. I talked with a very nice person and they are sending me new pedals for no charge. I dont know about warranty, but they did need proof of purchase and I bought this early December. I will let everyone know once I get new pedals, which they said would be 7-10 days.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just to confirm the Echelon SPD pedals, are they two or three holes? I need to know in order to know what cleats to buy. Echelons are sold out.

Also, do anyone have any reccos on what cleats to purchase?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought an X3 connect bike. And I want to use bike shoes with cleats and purchased one pair. The cleats are SPD but it doesn't click on the pedal. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Does anyone have any tips? I am attaching the photo s also.

Thank you in advance kind strangers.
[/QUOTE

Did you ever figure out how to clip in? I’m having the same problem and Echelon of course has been no help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an EX3 that I thought had the same problem. I couldn't find any information and sending a photo like the ones above to support didn't get me any help. Here's what I finally figured out on my own. The clips in the previous photos are NOT on backwards. You might think the pointy side of the SPD cleat is supposed to go into the narrower groove of the clip at the back of the pedal, but it's the opposite. If you look at the bottom of the wider end of the SPD cleat, you'll see there's actually a smaller piece that is meant to slide into the narrower clip groove at the back of the pedal. That narrow groove at the back is also where the spring on the pedal clip is. By sliding the cleat backwards into the clip and then using your weight to press down your toe, the front part (pointy side of the SPD cleat) should pop in and you'll be attached. I hope this helps a few people who are new to SPD cleats, as I was.
Thank you

i received yesterday my Connect Bike EX1. It includes the SDP compatible pedals with toe cages. I am not sure what SDP shoes to buy? is it 2 or 3 holes? which one did you buy?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just to confirm the Echelon SPD pedals, are they two or three holes? I need to know in order to know what cleats to buy. Echelons are sold out.

Also, do anyone have any reccos on what cleats to purchase?
i thought the sdp shoes come with cleats. did you get your post answered? i am wondering the same

1 - 20 of 54 Posts