Echelon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Today is my second day using the bike, so I'm still figuring out all the kinks. I was able to connect the tablet HDMI to my soundbar which passes through to my TV. When I did this, I got picture and audio on both the TV and the bike screen. Hitting the mute button on the tablet turned all sound off. Does anyone know if its possible to turn off the tablet sound in this situation?

As a work around, I used the bluetooth audio connection and it worked, but bluetooth can be a little slow to setup some times. so I'm hoping to finf a faster way to get hooked into the TV and just go.

Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome @aqj123.

How long is bluetooth taking to connect?

I see that Echelon recommends using bluetooth "We suggest purchasing a Bluetooth receiver and wiring directly to the speaker or soundbar. Once you paired the receiver to the EX5s, the Bluetooth connection is automatic. Enjoy!"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm nor sure why, but everything seems to be wokring now. Maybe I had a loose connection or something else going on, but ive done a couple classes with HDMI and audio/visual are looking good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks you aq123 for starting this thread. I'm trying to figure out which bike to buy and there is very little information on the EX-4S, so I would love to ask you some questions. To confirm, you said you can output through HDMI to your TV correct? (That's awesome, and what I was hoping for). But you also said they still have bluetooth on the EX-4S? I didn't see where they listed that in the ad, and I was concerned that maybe to get the price down for Costco they removed the bluetooth and gave you the screen. Finally, can you confirm that while taking the classes that the resistance adjusts automatically, or do you have to adjust it manually? Thanks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey there,

Yes, I use a direct HDMI out from the EX4s tablet to my TV and its working well. You can also use bluetooth to connect audio to your speakers or headphones and ive been able to do that as well. You have to go through pairing mode and then you should see an option on the top right of the screen when you have the echelon app open (cant remember if you have to be in a class or not).

Resistance is adjusted but turning the knob manually, its not automatic. but since its magnetic, people think it could be an option in the future, but for now, you have to spin the knob to generate resistance (its a very easy spin once you get the hang of it, you basically flick the knob left or right with your fingers and it goes).

Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the information. But I'm confused on the resistance. Talked to a rep from eschelon and they said that during the live classes the resistance is automatically adjusted.

Portion of the conversation with their rep Valudi E.

(01:09:18 AM) John: Mainly interested in EX-3, EX-4S, EX-5S
(01:10:33 AM) Valudi E.: All those bike are have automatically control resistance when your in the online classes?
(01:11:11 AM) John: Sorry you ended that with a question mark, are you asking me if they do or stating that they do?
(01:12:14 AM) Valudi E.: My apologizes all those bike are have automatically control resistance when your in the online classes.
(01:12:46 AM) John: OK great. And one last question. Does the EX-4S have bluetooth?
(01:14:20 AM) Valudi E.: Yes they all have Bluetooth.
(01:14:31 AM) John: Great. I'm all set, thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts