Echelon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike was purchased new 3/2020. All of the sudden it started randomly shutting off during use when resistance was adjusted. Unplugging and replugging a few times works and then it won't happen again for a while, but sometimes it does right away. Sometimes it does not power on when plugging in initially (for the record I keep it unplugged when not in use per the manual) and I need to unplug/replug a few times or after a few minutes to get it going. Voltage coming off the barrel plug is correct, but I still purchased another 9V3A power adapter to test and the same thing happens.

I assumed I would need to replace some part(s) so I reached out to support, here is the response:
"We have reached out to our technical team and unfortunately, the issue you are experiencing is due to a wiring issue. Your bike is no longer under warranty and there are no replacement parts for this. We apologize that we are not able to help further."

I understand the bike is out of warranty, but now I have a $1k 100lb paperweight? Reading on this forum, I understand support for bikes under warranty is lackluster at best (sometimes), is there any hope? Anyone have a schematic/board view that maybe fell off a truck?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, FYI to all customers, once your bike has issues, you are on your own.

Crystal M. (Echelon US)
Nov 22, 2021, 11:28 AM EST
Hello!

The ticket is closed because we are unable to assist further. We apologize as we do not offer wiring parts that would be needed to fix your bike. We have reached out to and been advised by our customer service manager, engineering team, and in-office technician that there is nothing we can do further. Your bike is no longer under warranty and the parts needed are not available. We apologize. Thanks!
Echelonfit.com
We love Echelon!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wow, FYI to all customers, once your bike has issues, you are on your own.

Crystal M. (Echelon US)
Nov 22, 2021, 11:28 AM EST
Hello!

The ticket is closed because we are unable to assist further. We apologize as we do not offer wiring parts that would be needed to fix your bike. We have reached out to and been advised by our customer service manager, engineering team, and in-office technician that there is nothing we can do further. Your bike is no longer under warranty and the parts needed are not available. We apologize. Thanks!
Echelonfit.com
We love Echelon!
Wow I can't believe they actually told you it's not under warranty anymore. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bike was purchased new 3/2020. All of the sudden it started randomly shutting off during use when resistance was adjusted. Unplugging and replugging a few times works and then it won't happen again for a while, but sometimes it does right away. Sometimes it does not power on when plugging in initially (for the record I keep it unplugged when not in use per the manual) and I need to unplug/replug a few times or after a few minutes to get it going. Voltage coming off the barrel plug is correct, but I still purchased another 9V3A power adapter to test and the same thing happens.

I assumed I would need to replace some part(s) so I reached out to support, here is the response:
"We have reached out to our technical team and unfortunately, the issue you are experiencing is due to a wiring issue. Your bike is no longer under warranty and there are no replacement parts for this. We apologize that we are not able to help further."

I understand the bike is out of warranty, but now I have a $1k 100lb paperweight? Reading on this forum, I understand support for bikes under warranty is lackluster at best (sometimes), is there any hope? Anyone have a schematic/board view that maybe fell off a truck?
Ok, that sucks! Maybe post something on the Echelon community in Facebook. I'm not a big Facebook person, but that is very active and someone may have a solution. Also, a lot of the instructors are on there. I think it's important for all of us to know that we could quickly end up with a large paperweight!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts