Echelon Forum banner
  • Hey, everyone! Check out our Horizon 7.0 AT Giveaway HERE

Have you experienced poor support at Echelon?

• No - I’ve had a great CX experience.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not happy, and I’m the kind of person who works hard to be full of grace for people and organizations. However - this has been my experience with Echelon and I am disgusted. (By the way - my bike is two years old - and an EX-5).

1) In May, there was a significant app update pushed. The day after this happened, by bike wouldn’t connect. I thought it may be me, so I spent time trying to figure out what was wrong with my bike, my app - and even waited on a new iPad to see if that would solve the problem.

2) In early June I reached out to the Facebook Messenger “Support.” The people told me that it sounded like a Bluetooth issue. Hmm. They said that sometimes those things just go bad. That’s odd, because I’d never had an issue before - not even kicking me out occasionally. They told me I would have to pay for a new sensor, and that it was about $25. I did it, and they mailed it out pretty quickly.

3) After receiving the package - I opened it and found only a baggie with a sticker title typed on it that said “Speed Sensor.” I messaged again and told them I believe they sent the the wrong part - that I was apparently having Bluetooth issues according to them. They assured me that the speed sensor is what I needed. I told them that it didn’t come with directions on how to install it. They said they would find those and get back to me. After a day or so I reached out on status and they said that they were sorry, but they had to send a technician to install it for me, and that they would be in touch (Never mentioning that I would be paying out of pocket for that).

4) After hearing nothing, I reached out to find out that they didn’t have a technician in my area.

5) They then told me that they recommended that I pay $150 for the extended warranty, and then reach out to their team and see if I could just get a new bike. It wasn’t guaranteed, but that was my option. So - to recap, I paid for the sensor that I couldn’t install, and then they wanted me to pay for a warranty that I may or may not be able to use. I also asked about lost time on my membership to which they said they can’t refund, but can add to the end of my membership the time I lost in the end.

6) By now it’s coming up on July and we are moving to a different State. I messaged them to let them know that I still had a broken bike, but that I was moving, and was hopeful they had a technician in my new area. I moved just outside of Salt Lake City. Once I was settled - I reached out. NOT JOKING - but they are sorry, but they have no technicians in my area. What!? SLC? Where DO you have technicians. Contract with someone then. I was left with NO option but to pay them more money - for a “possible” remedy, or find a way to fix it myself.

7) I ended up hiring someone ON MY OWN and paid out of pocket to fix my bike. Now, it’s fixed. It’s August.

8) I reach out to Echelon as ask for the three months to be either refunded or added to my membership. They came back to tell me that they cannot refund me, and can not credit my membership for three, but for only two months. I lost it. Seriously. After all these months of them being inept, only communicating via text in messenger - and not having any options for me - AND then to NOT give me the full credit I deserve?

I’m beyond frustrated. I bought their best bike at the time. I paid good money for their top bike - and now this!? I mean so little to them that they refuse to give me the time Iost?

I’m completely rethinking my loyalty to this company that doesn’t seem to care enough to do the right thing. I would caution anyone considering this business. If you know how to work on your own bike, and if you don’t care about good costumer service/support - this is your place. Otherwise - head elsewhere.

Disgusting treatment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Megan - thank you for sharing your story. I too am having to second think about my recommendation of Echelon. Recently, they were great at getting back to me about an Echelon treadmill that I looked at on their website, but their technical support and services have been abysmal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Megan - thank you for sharing your story. I too am having to second think about my recommendation of Echelon. Recently, they were great at getting back to me about an Echelon treadmill that I looked at on their website, but their technical support and services have been abysmal.
I’m sorry for that. I would suggest looking elsewhere - as it doesn’t get better. I’m shocked to hear myself say that - but truth is truth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts