Echelon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

I have just purchased an EX3 bike, but I am having issues connect my heart rate devices to it. I have tried a Garmin Forerunner 235 watch, an Ant+ heart rate strap and another older strap that I thought was bluetooth. None of the devices are showing up when I click the heart on the screen.

I am not keen on spending another £100 on an echelon specific strap so wanted to know what straps people are using and if they work ok? Also if you have any tips on getting my current devices to work that would be great

MAny thanks

John

·
Registered
15 Posts
Polar H10 works fine, the echelon wrist strap works ok for the most part but that one only works when have started a class so you miss at least a few seconds when syncing it.
You need Bluetooth not ANT+ and whatever you are trying to connect has to connect to the bike before anything else so turn off anything else nearby that uses bluetooth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Gameover

I borrowed a Wahoo tickr and that seems to work perfectly, so I have ordered one of them
Many thanks
John

·
Registered
7 Posts
We’re we’re in a similar boat to you. We wanted a heart rate monitor, but weren’t interested in then Echelon one. After some research we decided we wanted an arm band one but couldn’t find much info compatibility. In the end we took a punt on the Tickr armband from Wahoo. I can report this works really well. I think basically any Bluetooth armband will tbh, it’s just not so well publicised.

Hey Guys

I have just purchased an EX3 bike, but I am having issues connect my heart rate devices to it. I have tried a Garmin Forerunner 235 watch, an Ant+ heart rate strap and another older strap that I thought was bluetooth. None of the devices are showing up when I click the heart on the screen.

I am not keen on spending another £100 on an echelon specific strap so wanted to know what straps people are using and if they work ok? Also if you have any tips on getting my current devices to work that would be great

MAny thanks

John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice one Adam. I have brought a Wahoo Tickr now which is working great. Loving the Bike

·
Registered
4 Posts
you are trying to connect has to connect to the bike before anything else so turn off anything else nearby that uses bluetooth.

I noticed this and am curious if you can comment further on this.

I have Echelons heart rate strap and it connects erratically.

Now, i had assumed the Bluetooth connecg go the tablet and not the bike as my experience was that if i move far away from the bike with the tablet then i can get it to connect, which would go opposite what you have suggested.

I do use bluetooth headphones and have a wifi repeater

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Guys

MAny thanks

John
Hey John,

Apologies if it’s stating the obvious but are you sure you’ve put your HR devices into pairing mode for the first time when attempting to connect to the bike? I think this is necessary to grant that initial pairing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts