Echelon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any issues with their resistance knob no longer working? Mine was working intermittently and now its come to be completely useless. I tried updating my firmware. I am on Hardware 10.0 and Firmware 50.03.03. It tells me there is an update and when i go to update it says it completes and then when it comes back up it's at the same version. Any help is appreciated.

I have restarted my tablet, reset my network settings, tried a different device, power off and powered on the bike.

EX-5 - bike purchased in Dec 2019.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I contacted Echelon and they were able to fulfill my warranty and send me a new one(2-3 weeks). So I asked the guy and he said if i wanted to take the bike apart and try to fix it I could. So i took it apart and it looks like they used cheap wires and over time i think they wiggled lose. So I was able to take the knob off and resolder the wires back on and connected everything back up and now the bike works great. However, i am still going to send this bike back and get a new one. I don't want a bike where i had to make after market modifications to it.

To get the knob off just take the tape off around the bottom of the knob and remove the 4 screws. It was full of a bunch of orange/red shavings I think from the knob rubbing against something. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I contacted Echelon and they were able to fulfill my warranty and send me a new one(2-3 weeks). So I asked the guy and he said if i wanted to take the bike apart and try to fix it I could. So i took it apart and it looks like they used cheap wires and over time i think they wiggled lose. So I was able to take the knob off and resolder the wires back on and connected everything back up and now the bike works great. However, i am still going to send this bike back and get a new one. I don't want a bike where i had to make after market modifications to it.

To get the knob off just take the tape off around the bottom of the knob and remove the 4 screws. It was full of a bunch of orange/red shavings I think from the knob rubbing against something. Hope this helps.
My bike did the same, just after the warranty expired and an app update. I've been waiting a month for the supervisor to get back to me. It apparently it's the encoder Wheel, which is like $60 CAD for a $20usd part...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts