Echelon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I recently assembled my new EX-5 and the handlebar stem is quite loose. The brass bolt with the plastic handle wasn't inserted correctly at the factory and it won't turn to tighten the stem. I've contacted Echelon for a warranty claim and gave them all the bike info but haven't heard back after a few days. Are they slow to respond? The wobbly handlebars definitely get in the way of a pleasurable ride. Looking forward to sharing ride experiences once this gets fixed :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome to the forum @CocoEd! Based on what other members have posted about Echelon, it might take some time before they get back to you. Are you able to take the bolt out and try to reattach it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a similar issue in another posing here. I put some insulating electrical tape under the handlebars to stop it. That's the thick rubbery tape not the thing smooth electrical tape. That fixed the problem but it sticks so you can't adjust the handlebar position after that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum @CocoEd! Based on what other members have posted about Echelon, it might take some time before they get back to you. Are you able to take the bolt out and try to reattach it?
The head of the brass bolt is circular so I'd have to use a vice like tool and pinch the bolt to turn it. I tried wrapping a towel around a vice grip but the vice started to indent the brass so it looks like that brass isn't very strong. I stopped anything further because I was afraid of making a bad situation worse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi - Does anyone know the purpose of the Ex-5 handle bolt? I dropped the screw/bolt into the bike frame hole and am wondering if anyone has best practices to retrieve it as well. Thank you in advance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts