Echelon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I just purchased a used Echelon Connect Sport. It looks brand new, but the left pedal wobbles. The woman I bought it from said she was never able to tighten it. When I got it home I found that the crank arm is stripped where the pedal screws in. I called Echelon to order a replacement, but was told that they don't sell them and I need to buy a new bike! Does anyone know of a source for this part? Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome @miscrap.

Haven't had luck finding a source for parts. Even when checking Ebay, Amazon, etc. Where have you looked so far?
It might be a stretch, but a worst case scenario is that you try to find someone who can 3D print a new one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same problem. The nut on the end of the peddle fell off and the peddle slowly slipped out and stripped the threads. Not it does not sit right. You cannot remove the crank arm and replace it on its on. You can however rethread the crank arm. If you can’t access the link below google rethread crank arm bike.

I brought the entire bike into a bike shop and had the professionals do it. Otherwise the bike is useless. I wish Echelon would make the bike more serviceable. Its almost like they expect you to chuck it when something goes wrong. Certainly not a green company.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same problem. The nut on the end of the peddle fell off and the peddle slowly slipped out and stripped the threads. Not it does not sit right. You cannot remove the crank arm and replace it on its on. You can however rethread the crank arm. If you can’t access the link below google rethread crank arm bike.

I brought the entire bike into a bike shop and had the professionals do it. Otherwise the bike is useless. I wish Echelon would make the bike more serviceable. Its almost like they expect you to chuck it when something goes wrong. Certainly not a green company.
Fol up - I learned two things. A person I spoke to was able to purchase a new crank arm from Echelon for $20. Second, the crank arm can be removed with a crank arm puller tool. They are about $15 and without one the arm can not be removed. It you have a stripped crank arm you can remove it (it takes some strength) and bring it to a bike shop and they can redo the threads (as above post) . No need to drag the bike in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Confirming the previous post, I emailed echelon asking to purchase a right crank arm and within an hour customer service responded with a purchase order for a right crank arm for $19.99 + tax and shipping. I still can't get the pedal out of the arm (threads are really messed up), but I will replace the pedal (also messed up) and the crank arm with new parts which may still be cheaper than labor at a bike shop to rethread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts