Echelon Forum banner
  • Hey, everyone! Check out our Horizon 7.0 AT Giveaway HERE
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to take a few mins to write all of this down, because I am beyond frustrated with how this whole situation has unfolded. This has been some of the worst customer service I have had to deal with. Now that it is finally resolved, I wanted to share this as a cautionary tale, and maybe Echelon can learn from their mistakes

This all started back in February when we purchased the EX4s+ Bike
  • Feb 11th - Bike Purchased
  • Feb 18th - Bike was delivered
  • March 2nd - Bike was having issues disconnecting from Bluetooth, so talked to Customer Service. We tried a few things, to see if that would address the issue. Was determined that the Bluetooth Module had issues, so a new Module was shipped. Was told that when this arrived, there would be instructions on how to install it.
  • March 7th - Bluetooth Module arrived, however there were no instructions. Reached out to Customer service, and at that point was told that there are no instructions as Echelon would send out a technician to install the parts. Was told that I would be contacted by the service team within a couple days to arrange an appointment.
  • March 9th - Had still not heard back about the appointment, so talked to customer service again. Turns out that the person on March 7th screwed up, did not put the ticket through correctly so the install team had not been contacted yet. Not great, but I get that mistakes happen so information was sent to the tech group and I was supposed to be contacted with the next 48 hours
  • March 9th - 4 hours later, the same service rep I was talking to contacted me again to say " I just verified, but we do not have Canada options for assembly or tech calls at this time." Literally that was the entire extent of the message, no this is the next step.
  • March 9th - Once again it is on me to contact Customer service to see what the hell am I supposed to do now. Ended up calling the phone line, because I wanted to talk to someone VS chatting on the helpline, which clearly is not helpful. After going through everything that happened, the person I was talking to made the decision to send us a brand new bike, as this was the best solution to address the issue. We were told this could take a few weeks for delivery, and would have put the responsibility on us to take a brand new bike to the dump. Not great, but whatever.
  • March 12th - Customer service rep I was talking to on March 9th contacted me to tell me that instead of sending a new bike, they are just going to send a brand new screen that would fix the issue. Why I was not given this option when this issue first started, is unknown. Instead I was made to jump through 500 hoops before coming to the solution I should have been given on MARCH 2ND. So a new replacement screen order was placed, and once again we had to wait
  • March 16th - the new screen arrived, AND IT WAS THE WRONG ONE. WE WERE SENT A 10" SCREEN, BUT OUR BIKE HAS THE 15.6" SCREEN. We have the EX4s+ and your team has known this since day 1. How did this happen??????
  • March 17th - Reached out to talk with Customer support again. Was asked to prove that the wrong screen had been sent, so pictures were taken. Approx. 5 hours later, I got another email back saying they need me to send a picture of the Serial Number of the bike as that was not on record. This is not true, and S/N was given in the first or second conversation I ever had. So more photo evidence had to be sent.
  • March 18 - Had heard nothing after the last request so reached out again to see what was going on......no response
  • March 21 - Finally got emails that the correct screen was being sent, and I need to ship the wrong screen back. Totally understood, and have no issues sending this back. However no shipping label was sent, so apparently I was expected to pay for shipping for something that you guys screwed up on. I know it is not going to be expensive to ship back, however I do not care and have zero plans to pay. So I reached out to Customer support again, explained this issue and was told they would have this issue cleared up right away, and to expect a shipping label sent
  • March 23 - The stars align, the correct screen in the correct size has actually arrived.
  • March 29 - No return shipping label sent to send wrong screen back, talked to customer support again and was assured I would get it within 24 hours
  • March 31 - Still no return label, so reached out to Customer support again. Once again told it would be there within 24 hours.
  • April 6 - Return label has finally arrived
So in total, it has taken 36 days to address an issue that honestly should have been addressed the first week of March. Throughout this whole ordeal, nobody from the management team has reached out to apologize. I am now second guessing if we should have even bought this bike to begin with, as I am worried that if it needs repairs again we are basically screwed

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had to take a few mins to write all of this down, because I am beyond frustrated with how this whole situation has unfolded. This has been some of the worst customer service I have had to deal with. Now that it is finally resolved, I wanted to share this as a cautionary tale, and maybe Echelon can learn from their mistakes

• March 2nd - Bike was having issues disconnecting from Bluetooth, so talked to Customer Service. We tried a few things, to see if that would address the issue. Was determined that the Bluetooth Module had issues, so a new Module was shipped. Was told that when this arrived, there would be instructions on how to install it.
  • March 7th - Bluetooth Module arrived, however there were no instructions. Reached out to Customer service, and at that point was told that there are no instructions as Echelon would send out a technician to install the parts. Was told that I would be contacted by the service team within a couple days to arrange an appointment.
  • March 9th - Had still not heard back about the appointment, so talked to customer service again. Turns out that the person on March 7th screwed up, did not put the ticket through correctly so the install team had not been contacted yet. Not great, but I get that mistakes happen so information was sent to the tech group and I was supposed to be contacted with the next 48 hours
  • March 9th - 4 hours later, the same service rep I was talking to contacted me again to say " I just verified, but we do not have Canada options for assembly or tech calls at this time." Literally that was the entire extent of the message, no this is the next step.
  • March 9th - Once again it is on me to contact Customer service to see what the hell am I supposed to do now. Ended up calling the phone line, because I wanted to talk to someone VS chatting on the helpline, which clearly is not helpful. After going through everything that happened, the person I was talking to made the decision to send us a brand new bike, as this was the best solution to address the issue. We were told this could take a few weeks for delivery, and would have put the responsibility on us to take a brand new bike to the dump. Not great, but whatever.
  • March 12th - Customer service rep I was talking to on March 9th contacted me to tell me that instead of sending a new bike, they are just going to send a brand new screen that would fix the issue. Why I was not given this option when this issue first started, is unknown. Instead I was made to jump through 500 hoops before coming to the solution I should have been given on MARCH 2ND. So a new replacement screen order was placed, and once again we had to wait
  • March 16th - the new screen arrived, AND IT WAS THE WRONG ONE. WE WERE SENT A 10" SCREEN, BUT OUR BIKE HAS THE 15.6" SCREEN. We have the EX4s+ and your team has known this since day 1. How did this happen??????
  • March 17th - Reached out to talk with Customer support again. Was asked to prove that the wrong screen had been sent, so pictures were taken. Approx. 5 hours later, I got another email back saying they need me to send a picture of the Serial Number of the bike as that was not on record. This is not true, and S/N was given in the first or second conversation I ever had. So more photo evidence had to be sent.
  • March 18 - Had heard nothing after the last request so reached out again to see what was going on......no response
  • March 21 - Finally got emails that the correct screen was being sent, and I need to ship the wrong screen back. Totally understood, and have no issues sending this back. However no shipping label was sent, so apparently I was expected to pay for shipping for something that you guys screwed up on. I know it is not going to be expensive to ship back, however I do not care and have zero plans to pay. So I reached out to Customer support again, explained this issue and was told they would have this issue cleared up right away, and to expect a shipping label sent
  • March 23 - The stars align, the correct screen in the correct size has actually arrived.
  • March 29 - No return shipping label sent to send wrong screen back, talked to customer support again and was assured I would get it within 24 hours
  • March 31 - Still no return label, so reached out to Customer support again. Once again told it would be there within 24 hours.
So in total, it has taken 36 days to address an issue that honestly should have been addressed the first week of March. Throughout this whole ordeal, nobody from the management team has reached out to apologize. I am now second guessing if we should have even bought this bike to begin with, as I am worried that if it needs repairs again we are basically screwed
Thank you for sharing your story. I really hope Echelon takes the time to read it and make changes in their customer service moving forward!

·
Registered
3 Posts

My story is near identical. I posted about mine as well. Sadly, mine has me outside of my original warranty - so I mean nothing to them. I hope you have a better experience moving forward.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts