For the last few weeks my rower has not been calculating my position and calories correctly. I still use the same resistance, work just has hard...only burn 1/3 the calories as before and place in the bottom 10% when I use to be in the top 10%. Nothing has changed on my end. Something is wrong with the machine or the way it calculates. Resistance feels the same as always, I typically use "28-30" and it feels like that. I tried a new profile, tried "forgetting rower" and adding it back. I did all the updates (firmware, app, etc), and my weight/height is the same as always in the profile. I have restarted about 20 times.
I had been dealing with this for 6+ months and had read these posts but still struggled to figure out how to fix it. I wasn't sure how to make sure my firmware was updated until I stumbled across it in the app. I connect to my rower using apple devices so this might be specific to apple, but I would bet there are android (or other device) similarities). I was able to fix the problem with these steps:
1. Opened the echelon app and signed in.
2. Make sure your rower is turned on.
3. Clicked on the "... more" icon in the bottom right of the echelon app.
4. Within that page, there is a "firmware" option about half way down the list. Click that.
5. If you are not connected to the rower, there will be an option on this page to "connect device." Connect to the rower.
6. Once connected, it will tell you what firmware version you have and at the bottom there is a big red banner that will tell you if an update is available. If it says an update is available, click on that.
The firmware took less than a minute to update on the rower. When I hopped on to row, my output was back up to where it felt like it should be (had seemed to be off by a factor of 10 or so, meaning it would show an output of about ~15 when it seemed like I should be ~150, for example). Not only did this put me back on the leaderboard where I felt I should be, but it also helps for when you are doing drills in class that are meant to pace yourself off of your output. Hope this helps! I had updated the app many times, but had no idea that I even needed to check to make sure my firmware was updated or how to do it.