Echelon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last few weeks my rower has not been calculating my position and calories correctly. I still use the same resistance, work just has hard...only burn 1/3 the calories as before and place in the bottom 10% when I use to be in the top 10%. Nothing has changed on my end. Something is wrong with the machine or the way it calculates. Resistance feels the same as always, I typically use "28-30" and it feels like that. I tried a new profile, tried "forgetting rower" and adding it back. I did all the updates (firmware, app, etc), and my weight/height is the same as always in the profile. I have restarted about 20 times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
For the last few weeks my rower has not been calculating my position and calories correctly. I still use the same resistance, work just has hard...only burn 1/3 the calories as before and place in the bottom 10% when I use to be in the top 10%. Nothing has changed on my end. Something is wrong with the machine or the way it calculates. Resistance feels the same as always, I typically use "28-30" and it feels like that. I tried a new profile, tried "forgetting rower" and adding it back. I did all the updates (firmware, app, etc), and my weight/height is the same as always in the profile. I have restarted about 20 times.
It is not just you. The output has dropped for me x's 100. Reported it through the help desk and this is what I got back:

In the meantime, just to shed some light on the issue. The development team initially released this firmware update, with the intention of making the metrics more accurate for everyone. I assure you that they are working very hard to get this resolved. What the team recommends is to try and do the longest-fullest repetition physically possible and this should allow the output to be as close as possible. Any short strokes will prevent metrics from appearing correctly. This is the current workaround.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Funny. I contacted customer service several weeks ago to inquire about the problem you guys are having. I was told at the time there was an issue with the new firmware and that they were working to resolve it. When I reached out again to inquire about the expected timeline for resolution of the problem she said this:

"As far as the output issue, the result that is being calculated on your Row may be different than it used to be but the solution was that our app development team actually made changes to the way that the Output is calculated in order to make the calculation more accurate. So while the number being displayed may be lower than you are normally used to seeing, please note that it is being calculated differently but it should be a more accurate reflection of the effort you are putting forth."

She made it seem as if it's here to stay, which is fine, aside from the fact that my output, too, seems to be out of whack when I look at my average standings now compared to in the past (despite that I'm now working at a higher stroke and resistance than I was in the past)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Funny. I contacted customer service several weeks ago to inquire about the problem you guys are having. I was told at the time there was an issue with the new firmware and that they were working to resolve it. When I reached out again to inquire about the expected timeline for resolution of the problem she said this:

"As far as the output issue, the result that is being calculated on your Row may be different than it used to be but the solution was that our app development team actually made changes to the way that the Output is calculated in order to make the calculation more accurate. So while the number being displayed may be lower than you are normally used to seeing, please note that it is being calculated differently but it should be a more accurate reflection of the effort you are putting forth."

She made it seem as if it's here to stay, which is fine, aside from the fact that my output, too, seems to be out of whack when I look at my average standings now compared to in the past (despite that I'm now working at a higher stroke and resistance than I was in the past)
There is a firmware update that was release
. I updated mine and the calorie count is closer than before as well as the outputs. Firmware is 80.16.05 and hardware version 30.00.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Having the same issue, There is no. way my final output is 60-70 and everyone else is 300 (when mine used to be that high). I always finish toward the bottom, used to always finish toward the top.
Make sure your firmware is up to date. They made a major change recently.

Once you start the class, make a few strokes and watch you speed. If it shows something like 2mph and you are making fast pulls, then that is affecting your output. If you are using an app and not the built in display, here is one thing you can try (only tried this on Android): Connect to the rower as normal, but then fully close the app. Open the app again and connect the rower. Try a few strokes and see if your speed changed. This works for me as sometimes when I first connect it shows my max speed at 2mph but it is actually around 5mph.

Tech support is aware of the issue as of last month. I spoke directly with someone and they stated they are not getting much feedback from users, especially from Android users. I walked them through all the issues that I was seeing and they were able to duplicate them but are still working on resolving them.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top