Thanks Brent.Welcome to the forum @Jeff O.
Have you tried these fixes?
They mention the EX3 but might still work for your EX-5S.
1. Discharge power
2. Update software
- Unplug both the adapter from the bike and the plug point in the wall.
- EX3: Hold down the silver button for 30 seconds then plug the wire back in
- Sport: Wait for blue light to go completely out, approx 30 seconds then plug the wire back in
- You should hear the bike beep and see the blue light flashing/blinking
- Ensure that all the relevant software is up-to-date including your device, latest version of the Echelon Fit app and the firmware of the bike (MORE…Firmware..)
You should start feeling the resistance increase. You may see your tension number rise high before a tension change during calibration. That is normal.
- Join any ON DEMAND class. Your stats should be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- Now that you are connected, get on bike and start to slowly pedal
- After pedaling a few rotations, slowly start to turn the tension dial clockwise
Continue until desired level is reached
Thanks York.Hey @Jeff O! Have you tried clearing the the Bluetooth cache on the tablet?
Anytime you have a resistance problem on the bike, you need to try to use the app on another device to see if the issue persists. If it does, then the culprit is most likely either the resistance m...echelonfit.zendesk.com
Anytime you have a resistance problem on the bike, you need to try to use the app on another device to see if the issue persists. If it does, then the culprit is most likely either the resistance module or the encoder wheel of the bike.
If you have an EX1 or EX3, then check the wires going into the console of the bike.
Unplug the bike, unplug the wires going into the bottom of the console, and plug them all back in.
Check the serial number to determine which tablet you have. GloryStar tablets will have GS in the serial number, and Kinstone tablets will have KS in the serial number.
Clear the Bluetooth cache by referencing the articles here:
How to Clear Bluetooth Cache on the EX-5s or Solve "Bluetooth Share Stopped" Issue (GloryStar)
How to Clear Bluetooth Cache on Kinstone EX-5s Tablet
Then, check the resistance again. If you are still having the issue, then the encoder wheel will need to be replaced. If it's another bike, then the bike will need to be replaced.