Echelon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has had the same issue as me. My resistance knob On an ex3 stopped working so I checked all the wires etc and discovered that when I push the brake down towards me the resistance will adjust but not in its normal position. I assume therefore its mechanical- wondering if anyone has a fix? It’s still under warranty but no idea hoW long it would take to fix as am in the UK.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wondering if anyone has had the same issue as me. My resistance knob On an ex3 stopped working so I checked all the wires etc and discovered that when I push the brake down towards me the resistance will adjust but not in its normal position. I assume therefore its mechanical- wondering if anyone has a fix? It’s still under warranty but no idea hoW long it would take to fix as am in the UK.
If it's a mechanical issue you might want to reach out to Echelon and see what can be done.

You're not the only one dealing with resistance issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
running into the same issue. Seems like the knob is just lose all of a sudden and it’s not tightening up the resistance. Been on calls with support, they are usually pretty slow to respond for replacement info but it’s only been a few days.

If it's a mechanical issue you might want to reach out to Echelon and see what can be done.

You're not the only one dealing with resistance issues.

·
Registered
65 Posts
running into the same issue. Seems like the knob is just lose all of a sudden and it’s not tightening up the resistance. Been on calls with support, they are usually pretty slow to respond for replacement info but it’s only been a few days.
Welcome to the forum @kash! Have you received any replacement info from Echelon or are you still waiting?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the welcome.
I got a email yesterday that they are sending me a encoder wheel. I’m not sure what that is but I googled around a bit and it seems that it’s a circuit board in the resistance knob that needs to be replaced.
While I don’t have proof, my guess is someone in the warranty department wanted to try this first before replacing the bike.
Not sure if this sounds familiar to anyone ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts