Echelon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel the "on-demand" as well as "live" classes on the app are lacking in good sound quality for both instructors' voices and music.

I've even connected my phone/tablet to a good quality sound system in my workout room and it still doesn't compare well to the sound quality of any random YouTube workout video.

Not sure what can be done about this - does Echelon take feedback from us?

·
Registered
71 Posts
@Snowie can you try some basic troubleshooting of the app?
These steps will be a good start. Let me know how it goes.

If you experiencing app crashes following a recent update, please try the following:

1. Go to your membership page and update your profile details including your metrics:

Echelon Subscription Service

Once your profile has been updated:

2. uninstall Echelon Fit app from ALL of your devices

3. update your device software. Power down and then up again

(if you are already on the latest version, please wait a few minutes before proceeding)

4. reinstall Echelon Fit app, allow location and Bluetooth.
5. reconnect to your bike / rower

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My app didn't crash, everything works as expected. Just that the music isn't "Hi-Fi" quality, and the microphones that the instructors use are almost "telephone quality".

To cater to a global audience this large, I'd expect at least they could make sure the instructors' mics would sound with the clarity like radio DJ quality - and the music could at least be equivalent to broadcast (FM) quality.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My app didn't crash, everything works as expected. Just that the music isn't "Hi-Fi" quality, and the microphones that the instructors use are almost "telephone quality".

To cater to a global audience this large, I'd expect at least they could make sure the instructors' mics would sound with the clarity like radio DJ quality - and the music could at least be equivalent to broadcast (FM) quality.
I completely agree. "Telephone" quality (as you mentioned) is a good comparison. There is a very good chance they are being cheap because it will cost them more money to have higher quality sound. (Many websites/apps are being charged by the bit.) For me, I want to turn it up a nautch and hear "Hi-Fi", (or at least CD quality). If I may quote FAQs

"We utilized Bluetooth technology to design the Connect bike to be the most advanced, well build and best value smart stationary bike available. "

My only response to that is: "Then please give us good quality sound, as well as a Android TV app". Bear in mind, that Tidal charges $19.99/month for hi-fi; so I'll be reasonable and only ask for CD quality.

...But it would be cool if Echelon teamed up with Tidal or Spotify... that would be a GREAT combination, no?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts