Echelon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a "workout room" at home with my Echelon bike. I paired my phone/tablet's Bluetooth to a good sound system in the room - however, I found the voice of the instructors as well as the workout music's sound quality to be quite lacking in fidelity (ie; sound quality).

For me, a good workout on my bike from an actual spin class comes with an energetic instructor, with good voice, great music with punchy beats. However, on the app, I can't quite get that at all. And, it has nothing to do with my phone/tablet or sound system. The source itself is lacking the sound dynamics.

Do any of you have the same observations? You can randomly find YouTube workout videos having much better sound quality.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The Echelon App can be buggy and its likely these sound issues are part of it.
You can try these troubleshooting steps I add to your other post:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Echelon App can be buggy and its likely these sound issues are part of it.
You can try these troubleshooting steps I add to your other post:
It's not the buggy issues, it's like they didn't spend enough effort in ensuring the original recording quality (ie; mic, mixer, soundtrack, equipment) was up to snuff. Kinda like XM radio, launching a satellite radio service that gives subpar (worse than FM) sound quality.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I made a "workout room" at home with my Echelon bike. I paired my phone/tablet's Bluetooth to a good sound system in the room - however, I found the voice of the instructors as well as the workout music's sound quality to be quite lacking in fidelity (ie; sound quality).

For me, a good workout on my bike from an actual spin class comes with an energetic instructor, with good voice, great music with punchy beats. However, on the app, I can't quite get that at all. And, it has nothing to do with my phone/tablet or sound system. The source itself is lacking the sound dynamics.

Do any of you have the same observations? You can randomly find YouTube workout videos having much better sound quality.
You are spot on. It appears the staff at echelon are simply picking up the ambient sound in the studio and the classes are broadcast with poor acoustics (not an equipment issue). They really need to layer the instructor’s voice over a digital track, but I bet it’s a licensing issue with the music — I suspect picking up ambient with another mic is permissible without licensing fees but direct recording constitutes illegal reproduction. I get it, but at $400 and up per year, I would think they could cut a deal to license clean versions without breaking the bank. I agree it cheapens the experience.

Perhaps a partnership with Spotify could make it work

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I fully agree! So many other YouTube spin instructors list their Spotify playlists, and I bet also have licensing through Spotify - hence offering great audio quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts