Echelon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently one can access internet if one "unlocks" the screen on the EX5S to stream other content (it would have been SO much easier if they had just included an HDMI port.) Occasionally I would like to cycle on the "Most Dangerous Roads in the World" ... :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is something that I would like to be able to accomplish as well. It is an Android-based operating system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have the ex5 and with the tablet turned off if you hold volume down and power you can get to an android recovery screen. i havnt seen anything obvious there to get to a normal android launcher. it seems like we would have to take the route like on a phone the device would have to be rooted then custom software would have to be loaded onto it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please check this out and give it a try. My EX5S is on order so I can't try anything for another 3 or 4 weeks until I receive it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Worked on mine. Had to use the 1085 password. Was able to unlock developer mode and find out the device name and android version.
My tablet is a model rk3288 running on Android 9. Now to figure out how to side load some apps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have this working great on my EX-5S. I’m using Nova launcher (free version) and Aurora Store as a Play Store replacement for downloading/managing Apps. The only part I’ve not managed to get working is the home and menu soft buttons. These have been disabled by Echelon I believe and the commonly suggested fix for this (which uses Nova launcher) doesn’t work for me since it relies on an activity being installed on the device which I think Echelon have also removed!

Has anyone else figured out a workaround for this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have this working great on my EX-5S. I’m using Nova launcher (free version) and Aurora Store as a Play Store replacement for downloading/managing Apps. The only part I’ve not managed to get working is the home and menu soft buttons. These have been disabled by Echelon I believe and the commonly suggested fix for this (which uses Nova launcher) doesn’t work for me since it relies on an activity being installed on the device which I think Echelon have also removed!

Has anyone else figured out a workaround for this?
For the Back and Home buttons I use "Back Button Anywhere". It works pretty good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts